May 15, 2012

I Heart This Shawl

I Heart this Shawl...I saw this in Filati's Yarn Shop up in Rocklin when I took my mom up there a few weeks ago.  I fell in love with this.  I'm not normally a shawl knitter because I don't really used them but I couldn't help myself with this. 


 

I love the heart detail that runs down the center of the  shawl.  It looks difficult but it was really easy.




Details:
Yarn:  Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light in Early Grey (2 Skeins)
Needle:  6US

I knitted this whole thing up, did the picot edging and then realized that I put on of the wings on backward.  I had to rip it out and re-knit the whole wing.  Thankfully it's an easy pattern to memorize and didn't take long but I hate finishing a project and then having to redo almost 50 percent...explains why my Gnarled Oak Cardigan still hasn't been frogged and reknit. 

No comments: